1 YEAR CONTRACT
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
This full-time 1-year contract position will be based at Masiphumelele Research Centre in Masiphumelele Cape Town. The main purpose of this position is to coordinate and direct the onsite activities of the clinical trial and its teams.
• Matric plus a Tertiary Degree or Diploma in Health related field
• 5 years’ experience in managing complex, multiple research studies
• Knowledge of GCP guidelines and clinical trial site processes
• Senior study coordination or equivalent experience (essential)
• Computer literacy: Ms Office
• Line management experience
• Clinical trial operations expertise
• Technical knowledge and skills
• Strong client focus
• Excellent ability to build interpersonal relationships and partnerships
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
• Excellent communication skills (English written and verbal)
• Strong work ethic
• Attention to detail
• Planning and organization abilities
The following will be advantageous:
• Clinical/ Laboratory or BSc. qualification
• Experience as a Clinical Project Manager
• Project Management certification
• Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
• Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting on studies progress
• Research Support – Support research activities and ensure project delivery through managing project resources.
• Study protocol implementation – Relevant study documentation are available and the study community are regularly engaged and informed
• Human Resource management – Ensure work schedules are available, training needs identified, performance management of staff
• Recruitment and Retention – Ensuring all studies are successfully assessed and screened according to protocol and criteria, volunteers are well informed and successfully complete the study
• Study Administration – Data is accurately and timeously captured, the study protocol is implemented correctly and reports are submitted timeously
• Training and coordination of staff – Ensuring work schedules are available for all staff and that training needs are identified followed by relevant training delivered
• Assisting with preparation of clinical study budgets and financial oversight
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za by 28th March 2017 Job reference: #DTHF/C077. Only online applications via our jobs portal will be considered.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website at www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za