WHO confirms second Ebola case in DRC

Organisation: Position: Deadline Date: Location:

The World Health Organisation says a second case of Ebola has been confirmed by laboratory testing amid an outbreak in a remote corner of northern Democratic Republic of Congo.

WHO said that among the 20 suspected cases, two now have tested positive for the virus.

Ebola was blamed for more than 11 000 deaths in West Africa during 2013-2016. DRC has already experienced seven much smaller outbreaks.

So far three people have died in DRC’s Bas-Uele province, an area more than 1 300km from the capital, Kinshasa.


Receive Medical Brief's free weekly e-newsletter



Related Posts

Thank you for subscribing to MedicalBrief


MedicalBrief is Africa’s premier medical news and research weekly newsletter. MedicalBrief is published every Thursday and delivered free of charge by email to over 33 000 health professionals.

Please consider completing the form below. The information you supply is optional and will only be used to compile a demographic profile of our subscribers. Your personal details will never be shared with a third party.


Thank you for taking the time to complete the form.