ADOLESCENT SOCIO-BEHAVIOURAL PROGRAMMES LEAD
THREE (3) YEAR FIXED-TERM CONTRACT
HEAD OFFICE; WOODSTOCK
The Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realize their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu Health Foundations’ exciting future.
This position will be based predominantly at DTHF Head Office in Woodstock and other DTHF site locations as required. The main purpose of this position is to oversee, co-create and strategically guide the establishment and funding of the DTHF Centre of Excellence for Adolescent Health. The successful applicant will take responsibility for the oversight of the DTHF Adolescent research and capacity-building programme which includes, a large BMGF funded program (FASTPREP), various adolescent socio-behavioural studies and the Adolescent Health Park project.
- Matric plus a Tertiary Degree (preferably PhD) in Health/Socio-Behavioural related field
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in managing multiple complex research studies and research teams independently
- Ability to manage a large donor funded budget against milestones
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines and clinical trial site processes
- Computer literacy: Ms Office and statistical software
- Extensive line management experience
- Clinical trial operations expertise
- Strong Research focus
- Strong quantitative and/or qualitative design and analysis skills
- Experience working on clinical HIV studies and/or with adolescents, particularly girls and young women (AGYW), and Youth
- Excellent ability to build interpersonal relationships and partnerships
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent communication skills (English written and verbal)
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organization abilities
- Clinical/ Laboratory or Bachelor of Science (BSc.) qualification
- Experience as a Clinical Project Manager
- Project Management certification
- Valid Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Certificate
- Good understanding of key socio-behavioural theories, concepts and approaches as they relate to adolescent clinical and socio-behavioural prevention research
- Co-ordinate and oversee the implementation of a number of large complex studies funded by a varied portfolio of donors according to timelines
- Research Support – Support research activities and ensure project delivery through managing project teams
- Stakeholder engagement: maintain relationships with all key stakeholders across a range of projects
- Study protocol conceptualization, development and implementation
- Human Resource management – line management of key staff
- Recruitment and Retention – Ensuring all study participants are successfully assessed and screened according to protocol and criteria
- Study Oversight – focus on delivery against timelines and reporting according to funder specific requirements
- Assisting with preparation of study budgets and overall financial oversight against pre-determined milestones
- Dissemination of research findings through publication
- Provision of socio-behavioural expertise for adolescent research studies
- Oversight of adolescent training and capacity-building programmes and activities
- Co-development of Adolescent Centre of Excellence concept and strategy
- Actively raising funds for the Adolescent Centre of Excellence through proposal writing, grant submissions and corporate/philanthropic fund raising initiatives
- Regular reporting to the DTHF CEO
- Ensuring high visibility of adolescent programs through social media and organization website
Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that by applying for this position, I authorized DTHF to process my personal information in accordance with its internal operational requirements.
I further understand that the personal information I disclose to DTHF will be processed in accordance with the requirements set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act and may include the transferring thereof to third parties for the purposes of verification.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu Health Foundation is a child-friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
|Job reference *||DTHF-C002|
|Job title *||Adolescent Socio-Behavioural Programmes Lead|
|Location(s) *||Woodstock, City of Cape Town Metro, South Africa|
|Salary *||Market related|
|Job type *||Contract|
|Contact name *||DTHF-C002|
|Apply url *||https://jobs.hrgenie.co.za/talentgenie/Job/?a=32D363443.0|