ONE YEAR PART-TIME FIXED CONTRACT; 25 HOURS PER WEEK
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realize their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu HIV-Foundations’ exciting future.
We invite applicants to apply for this part- time (25 hours per week) one-year fixed term contract post at the Philippi Village, Cape Town.
• Nursing Diploma or Degree and registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Clinical Nurse Practitioner
• Sexual and Reproductive Health SRHS course certificate
• At least two years nursing experience with a minimum two years gynecology experience
• Experience working with survivors of sexual assault/rape
• Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and counselling
• Due to the sensitive nature of the study protocol only female applicants will be considered
• Computer literacy with sound knowledge of email, word processing and internet
• Fluent in English (verbal and written)
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
• Ability to work harmoniously with youth of diverse backgrounds
• Client focused
• Ability to work in a team and to be able to foster a collaborative relationship with local clinics and hospitals
• Must be detail orientated
• Nursing experience within a research environment
• Working knowledge of an adolescent friendly clinical environment
• Training in Contraception including implant insertion
• Valid Driver’s licence
• Applicants living locally
• Fluency in isiXhosa
• Providing a client focused youth friendly sexual and reproductive health service
• Collection of study samples
• Gynaecological examinations and colposcopy
• Maintaining strict client confidentiality
• Providing pre- and post-test counselling, as well as risk reduction counselling, for clients
• HIV testing
• Obtaining blood and tissue samples and processing them as required
• Conducting study procedures including contraception, participant diaries etc
• Performing other client care procedures as required
• Entering data on case report forms and processing
• Performing Quality Control (QC) checks on CRFs and source documents
• Keeping accurate statistics of client visits
• Ordering stock
The annual cost of employment is between R225 024 – R418 435, which will be prorated as per part-time hours of 5/8 per day.
Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification; details of three (3) current contactable referees and proof of address to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za by 15th November 2018 reference: #DTHF/C049. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website at www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za