The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realize their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu HIV-Foundations’ exciting future.
We invite applicants to apply for this permanent post at the Masiphumelele Youth Centre, Sunnydale, Cape Town.
- Nursing Certificate, Diploma or Degree and registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Enrolled Nurse
- At least 1 years nursing experience in a primary healthcare environment
- Computer literacy with sound knowledge of email, word processing and internet
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
- Ability to work harmoniously with youth of diverse backgrounds
- Client focused
- Ability to work in a team and to be able to foster a collaborative relationship with local clinics and hospitals
- Must be detail orientated
- Preference given to applicants living locally
- One year research experience would be advantageous
- Knowledge of HIV and research would be advantageous
- Training in contraception would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of an adolescent friendly clinical environment would be advantageous
- Xhosa speaking advantageous
- Providing a client focused youth friendly sexual and reproductive health service
- Maintaining strict client confidentiality
- Providing pre- and post-test counselling, as well as risk reduction counselling, for clients
- HIV testing
- Obtaining blood and tissue samples and processing them as required
- Conducting study procedures including contraception, participant diaries etc
- Performing other client care procedures as required
- Entering data on case report forms and processing
- Performing Quality Control (QC) checks on CRFs and source documents
- Keeping accurate statistics of client visits
- Ordering stock
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za by 25th June 2018 Job reference: #DTHF/C037. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website at www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za