MASIPHUMELELE RESEARCH SITE
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realize their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu HIV-Foundations’ exciting future.
This full-time permanent position will be based at Masiphumelele Research Centre in Masiphumelele, Fish Hoek, Cape Town.
The Laboratory Manager is directly responsible for running the laboratory safely by using their managerial skills and knowledge of safety and laboratory procedures to ensure that the laboratory operate smoothly.
• Grade 12 and National Diploma in Medical Technology
• HPCSA registration
• 3 years laboratory experience; preference within a research environment
• People management skills
• Excellent Computer Literate (Proficiency in Ms Office)
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and Interpersonal skills
• Strong problem solving and decision-making
• Excellent planning and organising skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Work standards
• Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) and Human Subject Protection (HSP)
• Infectious Substances Transport (IATA) Training
Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
• Preparation including writing, reviewing and amending personnel/procedures, standards operating procedure, working practice guidelines, guidance and policies in collaboration with PI’s, Investigators, Clinical Operations Manager and SCO’s
• Keep registers of all antibodies, primers, specimens and samples
• Responsible for instrumentation in the laboratory and keeping instruments – centrifuges, microscopes, thermocyclers etc. in good repair
• Schedule monthly lab meetings and provide regular feedback to Clinical Operations Coordinator and Principal Investigator
• Implementation of all sponsor requested requirements
• Preparation and maintenance of regulatory files for all studies
• Oversees laboratory safety and ensures that the laboratory remains in compliance with all local and state regulations
• Familiar with the regulatory requirements specific to the laboratory and ensures all users are incompliance with those standards.
• All procurement, including supplies, materials, and services, including ordering through SAP, and outside company orders.
• Ensure that the laboratory is cleaned/sanitized and kept in an orderly manner and ensure all instrumentations/equipment is functioning properly
• Identify training needs and conducts ongoing training and troubleshoots problems within the Research Officer
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za by 19th January 2018 Job reference: #DTHF/C001. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only on-line applications submitted via our jobs portal will be considered.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website at www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za