The Pharmacy Manager will be responsible for ensuring the development and implementation of a strategy for the pharmacy department in line with our clients Pharmacy Division’s strategic themes. The incumbent will further manage all related pharmacy services and activities according to the policies, procedures, philosophy and objective of our clients Group.
- Manage, advice and influence the delivery of cost effective, quality patient pharmaceutical care in the hospital pharmacy environment.
- Effective management of the pharmacy within the legal compliance of the South African Pharmacy Council and the Good Pharmacy Practice in South Africa.
- Ensure that the pharmaceutical standards, clinical pharmacy services, quality assurance and risk management are maintained within the hospital.
- Exercise the responsibilities of the ‘Responsible Pharmacist’ in the hospital for all areas where pharmaceuticals are stored e.g.: wards, theatres and the pharmacy department.
- Act as a custodian for the management of Schedule 5 and 6 drugs as per legal requirements and related administrative and house-keeping tasks.
- Manage all aspects of case management and application of managed care contracts in the hospital environment.
- Manage the pharmacy financials as well as understanding the financial fundamentals, indicators and drivers of the healthcare business.
- Ensure control over the financial dimensions of the pharmacy, including accurate and timeous reporting of pharmacy financial statistics to Pharmacy and Finance Division Operations Centre.
- Effective management and audit compliance of our clients stock system policy and procedure. This relates Printed copies of this document are uncontrolled and must be destroyed after use to all ethical, surgical and third party stock.
- Manage all aspects of the hospital billing department including the timeous billing of discharged files (DNYB) and billing audit results.
- Facilitate a culture that is supportive of talent management and the initiation of required implementations to hone pharmacy talent.
- Facilitate effective change and conflict management.
- Ensure professional conduct and appearance of staff.
- Develop talented pharmacy leaders and high performers.
- Promote staff wellbeing.
- Maintain customer intimacy through building relationships with doctors, nursing staff, suppliers and building patient loyalty.
- Build strategic inter-departmental relationships to help achieve business goals at Exco and departmental level within the hospitals.
- Foster an effective working relationship with service providers.
- A relevant Pharmaceutical qualification (B.Pharm Degree or Dip.Pharm) at a NQF level 7.
- Registration with the SA Pharmacy Council.
- A relevant management qualification will be advantageous.
- Previous experience in the management of a private hospital pharmacy.
- SAP and Unisolve experience
- Advanced level of Computer literacy.
- Sound financial knowledge and the ability to interpret financial data.
If you possess these basic requirements then please submit copies of your CV & Supporting documents to 086 602 2008 .