The Council for Health Service Accreditation of Southern Africa NPC is a leader in the field of healthcare quality improvement, patient safety and accreditation of health care facilities across Africa.
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated person who is passionate about making a difference in the healthcare services offered to patients. This is someone who believes that the quality and safety of patient care is part of every clinician’s daily work. The role includes:
• Assisting healthcare facility teams to implement COHSASA’s quality improvement and accreditation programmes;
• Evaluating healthcare facilities’ compliance against predetermined accreditation standards;
• Guiding healthcare staff in the required quality improvement processes to meet the standards and move towards international accreditation;
• Working with healthcare facility teams on developmental quality improvement programmes;
• Assisting with the development and testing of new standards.
We work in a flexible, fast-paced environment, sometimes outside of normal working hours in both public and private healthcare facilities across Africa. If you are the right person, you will have excellent interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills and will be a problem-solver and understand the dynamics of change management. You will have some knowledge of quality improvement methodologies and the implementation of improvement programmes. You will have excellent time-management and effective leadership skills. Organisational management experience and a qualification or extensive experience in one or more specialist clinical services such as operating theatre, critical care or mental health would be an advantage.
• Current registration with SANC.
• At least 5 years’ post-registration clinical experience in a hospital and/or primary health care setting within the last 10 years.
• Willing and able to do extensive traveling both nationally and internationally on a regular basis.
• A valid code 08 manual vehicle driver’s license and willingness to drive long distances.
• A valid passport.
• Fluent in English and at least one other official South African language.
• Excellent report writing.
• Computer literate with proficiency in MS Office packages.
Remuneration: R36 000 per month cost to company
Closing date: 31 March 2019
Start date: 1 June 2019
Contact person: Please email your CV and a covering letter to Helena Tredoux at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.