Our client is a private medical organisation organisation who is now looking for a Rehabilitation Admissions Consultant to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible to recruit and assess potential patients and to coordinate and manage admissions in to the unit.
- Receiving referrals and conducting assessments on patients according to ethical principles and in line with admission criteria and procedures
- Providing written reports to medical aids and referring doctors
- Ongoing maintenance of referral patterns for all referring doctors.
- Applying for authorization from the funder and ensuring effective case management throughout the patients’ stay in the unit ; ongoing authorization, including special procedures
- Ensuring paying patients are informed with regards payment procedures, and obtain prescribed deposit prior to admission.
- Maintaining a patient records system for declined admissions – for every assessment not resulting in admission
- Maintaining a system for analyzing declined admissions and recording closure with these referrals
- Maintaining records on referral statistics, as per procedure
- Maintaining/building relationships with existing and new referring doctors and units
- Supporting a marketing strategy for the catchment area that targets new doctors, low and non-referrers.
- Identifying potential referral doctors/units/medical aids in the catchment area and establishing and maintaining contact.
- Identifying and supporting the needs for growth development opportunities
- Relevant healthcare professional qualification
- Clinical experience in neurology, neurosurgery and/or rehabilitation an advantage.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Personal attributes evident of energy, enthusiasm, achievement motivation and emotional maturity; with strong interpersonal and organizational skills,
- Ability to liaise at all levels and build good working relationships (especially with referring specialists).
- Knowledge of the Hospital Industry and experience with medical aids.
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
- If you possess these basic requirements then please submit copies of your CV & Supporting documents to 086 602 2008 .