18 MONTHS FIXED-TERM CONTRACT
GUGULETHU RESEARCH OFFICE (GRO)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realise their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu HIV-Foundations’ exciting future.
Our mission is to “lessen the impact of HIV and TB epidemics on individuals, families and communities through innovation and our passion for humanity”.
We invite applications for a full-time (45 hours per week) fixed term contract Study Coordinator post. The position is well suited for a Study Coordinator who has experience in HIV and/or TB research. The post will be working on an antiretroviral therapy adherence studies.
• Health-related Degree and 2018 registration with applicable department e.g. SANC
• At least 2 years’ experience as a Study Coordinator or Project Manager
• At least 2 years’ experience in staff management with ability to build interpersonal relationships and use these to manage study and site structure
• Valid driver’s license and own transport
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Internet)
• Knowledge of International Conference on Harmonisatin (ICH) / Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines and valid GCP certificate beneficial
• Experience of working in the Gugulethu (or similar) community-based environment would be beneficial
• Experience of working with DAIDS studies would be beneficial
• Knowledge of quality control, activities, systems and processes (QA/QC) would be beneficial
• Detail oriented
• Excellent work standards
• Problem-solving and planning skills
• Managing a team of nurses, data staff and research assistants
• Establish and coordinating clinical trials from feasibility to archiving, including recruitment and enrolment, day-to-day management of study procedures, addressing data queries from monitoring. Working across several trials, in conjunction with other SCO at GRO
• Ensuring that ethical and regulatory requirements are fulfilled
• Ensuring complete and accurate data collection
• Managing all study documentation (case report forms (CRFs), research materials, investigator files, etc.)
• Quality Control of study documents – source and CRF’s
• Study Procedures – ensure staff are trained appropriately and study protocols are followed
• Interacting with international and national principal and other investigators to ensure fulfilment of project goals
• Interacting with local health facilities, study auditors, laboratory, etc.
• Contributing to managing the research site and maintaining relationships with site stakeholders
Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za by 23rd May 2018 Job reference: #DTHF/C027. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website at www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za