Rondebosch Medical Centre is an Independent Private Health Care Facility in Cape Town, committed to providing quality, value driven, holistic health care to all patients.
The following position has become available: NURSING SERVICES MANAGER
- Set policy, protocols, guidelines, procedures and ensure adherence to SANC professional standards. Remain current on professional rules and regulations.
- Promote clinical governance and service improvements through the analysis of complaints, adverse events and other change drivers.
- Provide visible and accessible leadership creating a climate where individuals understand their roles and responsibilities and people are empowered to be effective in their role.
- Responsible for maintaining standards of cleanliness.
- Monitor and manage risk, investigate and act on complaints.
- Promote standards and behaviours/approaches so that all concerns raised are dealt with appropriately and timeously.
- Ensure that staff maintain accurate and contemporaneous records.
- Ensure appropriate care via individualised care plans.
- Form positive relationships with all stakeholders including doctors.
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety policy. Report any safety risks promptly.
- Responsible for developing staff and maintaining clinical standards within departments.
- Oversee the allocation of staff and their duties appropriately.
- Ensure appropriate infection control protocols are in place.
- Proof of registration with SANC as a Registered Nurse and a post basic qualification
- Minimum five years’ experience in a nursing management capacity (Unit Manager level or higher).
- Ability to demonstrate technical proficiency and the ability to comprehend its impact on work/unit responsibilities.
- Excellent leadership qualities, sound decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills, with the ability to function well under pressure.
- Knowledge of human resources, financial management and of the private hospital environment will be advantageous.
If you meet the above minimum requirements kindly submit your CV with a motivating letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, normal company benefits and a pleasant working environment.