HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST
Systems Trust is an innovative non-profit organisation working to
ongoing development of comprehensive health systems in southern Africa.
Health Systems Research (HSR) Unit
JUNIOR DATA MANAGER
Health Systems Trust (HST) wishes to appoint a Junior Data Manager for the Tuberculosis Reduction through Expanded Antiretroviral Treatment and Screening for Active TB (TREATS) study to be based in Cape Town. The incumbent’s primary responsibility will be to manage the collection, maintenance and delivery of high-quality data throughout the duration of the project.
This is a 12 month fixed-term contract position commencing in February 2020.
- Contribute to the design of databases and data collection tools to ensure that they meet the requirements for entering and reporting clinical data of varying complexity
- Test project databases and data-entry screens to assure compliance with the protocol and with project processes and procedures
- Test new processes and systems for optimal management of data in clinical research
- Process, track and validate data accurately, and on time, in accordance with the instructions for data processing and entering
- Manage the data and incorporate protocol-specific guidelines into the data-reviewing process
- Oversee and ensure that hardware is in good working order.
Qualifications and experience
- An MSc or BSc degree in computer science or equivalent relevant qualification
- At least two years’ experience of data management, preferably in a research environment
- Experience with clinical data management systems (e.g. RedCap and OpenClinica)
- Excellent query-writing skills: T-SQL, ETL (‘extract, transform, load’) and DTS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal accurately and efficiently with large volumes of data
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and engage actively in skills transfer
- Ability to document data-related activities well and consistently
- Ability to work systematically and to integrate varied sources of information and systems
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
A salary package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications and in line with HST’s Job Grading System will be offered.
Interested applicants should forward a detailed CV, stating the position applied for, together with the names and contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three contactable referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of all qualifications and identity documents.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Email users are requested to set the delivery option of their message on both ‘Return Receipt’ and ‘Confirm Delivery’.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to reference and credential checks.
- If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- HST reserves the right to not fill this position.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 9 JANUARY 2020
HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.