HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST
Systems Trust is an innovative non-profit organisation working to
ongoing development of comprehensive health systems in southern Africa.
Health Systems Research (HSR) Unit
Health Systems Trust (HST) wishes to appoint one (1) Team Leader for the Tuberculosis Reduction through Expanded Antiretroviral Treatment and Screening for Active TB (TREATS) study to be based in Cape Town.
The position will be based in the following communities: Idas Valley and Cloetesville (Stellenbosch), Ikhwezi (Strand), Bloekombos (Kraaifontein), Wellington (Wellington), Delft South (Delft) and Dalevale (Paarl) to support a range of research activities.
This is a 12-month fixed-term contract position commencing January 2020.
- Work in trial communities to oversee the study implementation, management of mobile unit and field staff
- Work with the Prevalence Study Lead to ensure that the mobile site/s are fully resourced and secured
- Early escalation of matters that require urgent attention
- Perform quality control and assurance procedures on collected data and test kits
- Work closely with the Compliance/Regulation Officer
- Work closely with the Field Operations Manager and Community Officers to mobilise participants/follow-up on participants
- Ensure that all data, equipment and sample management procedures are complied with daily
- Regular reporting of progress made, quality control and assurance activities, and data management activities
- General set-up and take-down of equipment and structures at sites.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- Relevant Project Management Qualification
- Good Clinical Practice training
- Community research or trial research experience advantageous
- Study site/ project management and monitoring experience
- Experience in supervising/mentoring staff
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Good report writing skills
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, Afrikaans and isiXhosa;
- A valid driver’s licence and the willingness to perform driving duties
- The willingness to work overtime or after hours, or both.
A salary package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications and in line with HST’s Job Grading System will be offered.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), stating the position applied for, together with the names and contact details (telephone numbers and email addresses) of at least three contactable referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of all qualifications and identity documents.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to reference and credential checks.
- If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- HST reserves the right to not fill this position.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 9 JANUARY 2020
HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.