TWO (2) YEAR- FIXED CONTRACT
The Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realize their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu Health-Foundation exciting future.
The main purpose of the position is that fieldworkers will be responsible to conduct education and awareness in communities, to recruit and retain eligible study participants as designated by the various study protocol, within a pressurized environment. The successful incumbent will be responsible for completing all administration as evidence of work conducted.
(If you do not have the criteria listed below, please do not apply for this position)
- Grade 12
- Fluency in English
- At least 1 year experience working in community within a research or NGO environment; with preference in recruitment and retention
- Applicants must have knowledge of Masiphumelele or surrounding areas with preference for applicants residing in these areas, and knowing the communities well
- Computer literacy including Email, Word processing, Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent public speaking and Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Good administrative and problem solving skills
- Good planning and organising skills
- Client (participant) focus
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to build interpersonal relationships and maintain rapport
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Be proactive as an individual
- Detail oriented
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to multi task and work well under pressure
- Good time management and work ethic
- Maintain work standards
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Certificate
- Assist Community Liaison Officer (CLO)/Study Coordinator (SCO) with planning and conducting of recruitment and retention strategies.
- Educate, recruit and retain eligible trial participants as determined by study protocols
- Education and awareness of research studies and health related matters in community.
- Conduct informed consent and assent process as required
- Accurate collection of data from participants
- Maintain confidentiality
- Contribute by giving meaningful input to the community engagement work plan
- Constantly communicate with the CLO/SCO and community team regarding recruitment and retention progress and challenges, and seek solutions to those challenges as a team
- Assist with translation activities when necessary
- Submit timeous reports to the CLO/SCO and verbally report on community feedback activities as required
- Timeous completion of all spreadsheets regarding recruitment and retention
- Timeous completion of accrual and retention targets as set by study deadlines
- Attend study/project meetings and participate in all study training sessions as required
- Documenting all retention attempts in participants’ files.
Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
Application Process and Disclaimer:
To apply, there is a two-step process:
- Complete the questionnaire by clicking on the link:
- Submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za by 15 October 2021 and include the reference number: #DTHF/C063. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applicants who have completed both applications steps, will be considered.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that by applying for this position, I authorized DTHF to process my personal information in accordance with its internal operational requirements.
I further understand that the personal information I disclose to DTHF will be processed in accordance with the requirements set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act and may include the transferring thereof to third parties for the purposes of verification.
For more information on the policy of DTHF pertaining to the protection of your personal information under its control, you may contact Ms Tania Thornton at Tania.Thornton@hiv-research.org.za
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu Health Foundation is a child-friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website at www.desmondtutuhealthfoundation.org.za